Thursday, April 15, 2010

G&S printer update

That's a 1,000 word entry right there!
Not really a whole lot to update you with. I guess I can share a little about what is going on with Barnes and Noble. I heard back from Evelyn via e-mail. She was happy to report that they are ready to set me up as a vendor for their online bookstore, but that if I wanted to be in the brick and mortar stores, I would need to pick a wholesaler and a distributor as well. The good news to that is she sent a list of both that they currently work with.
The down side to all of this is the amount of $$ we will NOT make using these services. Obviously I understand and am willing to cut B&N in, they will be selling the books, but to have to pay 2 middle-men to get the books to their stores rather than me supplying the stores directly is extortion! One of those necessary evils you know? I haven't decided which route to take, but it seems inevitable that we must sign up with both a wholesaler and a distributor to take the book to the next step.
More to come as it is passed on to me!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment