Saturday, April 17, 2010

Book is DONE!

I received an e-mail last night around 10pm from my printer to the effect that the book was all done! All 2,000 copies! It has been 12 days since I actually sent him the final file. I never fail to be impressed by his ability to get these done so quickly, I am amazed. The book looks great from the photos:
Here is the new barcode size and price, which conforms to Amazon's specs as well as Barnes and Noble, both of which it will be carrying the book in time. The turtle is hidden in the curl of the wave and even from this low res photo you can see the Aloha cloud.
I think it's awesome that Jimmy chose to shoot this spread, since I would have asked to see how the bleed affected the name on the truck, perfectly! The colors look so vibrant and rich, I am really looking forward to getting my copies! As I hope you are!

Now that the book is almost on it's way, I plan to blog daily about both of the books successes. W&K sales and other related updates, G&S where it is on the big ocean making it's way back before May 1st!
Great update! Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment