Thursday, November 4, 2010

Layout approved!

I've been debating sharing this next process with you. It's not something that I've ever seen anyone actually divulge. Not that it's all that big of a deal, it's just not something I've seen anyone do! For me, as a publisher, and a creative type I find every step along the way of publishing a book very exciting.
I've done it 4 times now from start to finish. Maybe my next one will be a "how-to" book! If I can find a way to illustrate it, I'll do it!
So, back to the point. After I have sent funds to the printer, they then provide me with a digital "proof" and that's what I want to share here. It won't be a full quality proof, obviously, but it is very interesting to look at and approve. It's a little confusing, because the pages are rotated and flipped and appear to be all out of order. Once I have studied the proof and made sure everything is in the right place, I give the go-ahead and the book goes to press. I have checked the proofs and everything is ready to go.
The hard part is the waiting! The book is printed and bound within a few days, but the shipping takes about a month! So, enough teaser, here is the digital proof, kind of cool huh?





No comments:

Post a Comment