Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Progress on the Pictorical book

There has been a FLURRY of comments and conversation on the LinkedIn forum regarding this company. In spite of it all, I feel confident that what I am doing in illustrating this story in my 'down time' is worth my time.
I am inspired by this story from almost a century ago, and am really liking how it is going so far.
I finished the 'Capital Illustration' this morning and wanted to post it here to keep this blog up to date on this new endeavor.
So, here it is!
The sketch
The ink version
The color, final version

So, what does it represent?
The concept was to make the character a hard inorganic machine material. The "P" represents the machine that the story is about. There is a 'crystal' in the vertical section of the letter, which is referenced in the description of the machine. The curve of the 'P shows some slots, also mentioned in the description of the machine. The engraver swirls represent life, and growth, they are also mentioned as the author of the story describes the room in which the machine is found.
I kept the color palette subdued again, to follow the style of the book.
I'd love to hear your feedback, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment