Friday, June 18, 2010

So, not really a whole lot to discuss here this morning. The sales of Scampi have been surprisingly low. I had much higher hopes for it's reception especially by the owner of the food truck. It's hardest for me, not being there, not being able to discuss the collaborative effort with the "collaborator"! It's all in Aaron's hands. I know he is working hard, and I am grateful. Together we are doing all that we can to get it out there.
I guess I could share a few of the publicity banners I have created for him. This first one I created as a banner to go in the new pavilion, hanging from the rafters:

It was printed on a banner 6ft wide and 18" tall. It's okay. Then 2 days ago Aaron mentioned that he wanted to see what a vertical banner with the book's artwork on it would look like. Essentially, he wanted a "photo spot" type banner, that children and other purchasers of the book might want to pose with or in front of. So, this is what I put together:
A 4 foot tall child would reach about where Scampi's claw is, an adult 6 feet tall would reach the top of the sign. You may have noticed the hidden turtle and the Hawaiian island chain in the spray, I'm sure you do now! This one turned out great, and I hope it draws the attention we need to get people to make their own connection with the shrimp truck.
Apparently the shrimp truck continues to do amazing business, more than they can handle each and every day. That's great for the truck, but all the other vendors are really struggling. I KNOW that if people will give our books even a sideways glance, they will fall in love with what their pages contain. They truly contain our love and passion. Aaron's writing and my illustrating, showcased beautifully with a high-quality printing/binding. I continue to stand directly behind this work that we do, it really is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment